Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Good Times in the UK

After our once in a lifetime trip to Eastern Europe, we spent a little time in the UK. Dad, Tara, Mark and I explored London for a day, before Mark and I headed to Northern Ireland for 5 days.

Tara, Dad and I at Trafalgar Square

Dad and Tara had never been to London, so it was a day filled with sightseeing, and more importantly shopping! I'm pretty sure Tara was in her element, and will want to go back again.

Westminster Abbey - just a few weeks late for Will and Kate's big day

Parliament and Big Ben - my very favourite building

 I learned something very interesting while walking around London. Mark admitted to me that our trip to London just before our engagement was a very important one - if I hadn't fallen in love with the city, and more specifically Parliament and 10 Downing Street, he may not have proposed. All jokes aside, somewhere deep down, my husband still wants to be Prime Minister of Great Britain.

After getting Dad and Tara on a flight back to Calgary, Mark and I headed to Newcastle, NI to visit the Annett clan. We attended a lovely wedding of one of Mark's old school mates. And, Mark's Mom, sister and sister in law planned a 'homecoming/wedding reception' for us and all the relatives that couldn't make it across the pond for our wedding last year. It was a wonderful evening, and I was lucky enough to get to meet several Annett relatives that I had yet to meet. Mark has a huge family - something I'm not used to!

The sign that our nieces (Emily pictured) made for our party


All in all, it was a great trip, but a tiring one. It was nice to get back to Canadian soil (especially because Toronto temperatures have been soaring since we returned). Hello, summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment