Monday, September 12, 2011

Time for a Challenge

Over the past few months I've been spending a lot of time thinking. Thinking about everything that has gone on in my life this year - trying to get a better understanding of who I am and what I am meant to learn from it all. I know, sounds like fun, doesn't it? Ha. Well, I've decided that I'm spending too much time looking back and focusing on the difficult things, instead of being appreciative of and grateful for all the wonderful things in my life. The one year anniversary of my Mom's passing is approaching quickly, and in her memory I want to try out something new... I'm challenging myself to write down five things a day that I am thankful for. I'll be posting my entries here. I won't always be able to post every day, but I'll catch up on missed days at least once per week. My Mom was a hugely positive and grateful person and I feel it's my duty to carry this legacy on.

So, here goes nothing...

Day 1 - September 12, 2011

1. I am thankful for being born into the family that I was. I had the most amazing Mother, and still am fortunate to have to best Dad and sister.

The Best!
2. I am thankful for my husband. For his patience, kindness, humour and for loving me just as I am.

Happy Day!
3. I am thankful for chocolate.

4. I am thankful for books and all the people who are brave enough to write them.

5. I am thankful for all the little people in my life who bring me such joy and laughter (especially Lois, Rebecca, Matthew, Emily, Oliver, Simon and little Eleanor).

Oliver and Simon

Miss Eleanor Jane

Lois, Matthew and Rebecca

Emily







1 comment: