Okay, this post is a big catch up! I've been in Calgary since Saturday, and haven't had time to blog. So - here's a week's worth of thankfulness...
Day 12 - September 23, 2011
1. I am thankful for the time Dad, Tara and I spent with our dear friend Loraine today. It was so nice to see her again!
2. I am thankful for the awesome boots I bought today. 25% off plus only 5% tax (instead of 13% in Ontario).
3. I am thankful for the beautiful summer weather we had today, despite the calendar showing the start of autumn.
4. I am thankful that the dinner I cooked for Dad and Tara tasted okay!
5. I am thankful for the beautiful blue Alberta sky - it just doesn't look the same in Ontario.
Day 11 - September 22, 2011
1. I am thankful for my amazing friend Shareen and her three beautiful kids. I had so much fun hanging out with them. I love being a "yellow haired" auntie.
2. I am thankful for the yummy Vietnamese food we had for dinner. It was nice to not cook :)
3. I am thankful for getting to shop with my best shopping sidekick - Tara.
4. I am thankful that Air Canada didn't strike and my hubby was able to get home from Brussels okay. Can't wait to taste the chocolates he got for me!
5. I am thankful for a quiet night with Dad, spent watching X Factor and wondering why people with no talent feel the need to embarrass themselves in front of millions of people.
Day 10 - September 21, 2011
1. I am thankful for my super fantastic hair dresser and friend, Donna. Seriously, she's so good that I travel across the country for a cut and highlight!
2. I am thankful for the time I spent with my university friends tonight. Five strong ladies helping each other through some pretty crappy stuff.
3. I am thankful that my Dad still lives in the house I grew up in. It's so nice to visit and walk down memory lane.
4. I am thankful for rent a wreck. While my rental car wasn't the prettiest, it got me where I needed to go, on the cheap.
5. I am thankful when a restaurant has healthy but delicious things on their menu.
Day 9 - September 20, 2011
1. I am very thankful to be in Calgary with my Dad today. Today would have been Mom and Dad's 37th Anniversary.
2. I am thankful that Mom's headstone (and sod) has finally been placed at the cemetery.
3. I am thankful for Peter's Drive In. Yummy lunch.
4. I am thankful for contact lenses. I went to the eye doctor today. Man, am I blind!
5. I am thankful that my Dad is a fast shopper. He needed new winter clothes. 30 minutes at the Bay and we were done.
Day 8 - September 19, 2011
1. I am thankful that I had no cavities at my dental appointment today.
2. I am thankful that Dad drove me to the dentist, so I wouldn't have to parallel park. I so can't parallel park!
3. I am thankful for the time I spent with my friend Kim today. I'm so excited that she's going to be a Mommy soon!
4. I am thankful for cheesecake. Now, if only it was calorie-free.
5. I am thankful for thinking to pack lots of layers. It's cold here in the morning!
Day 7 - September 18, 2011
1. I am thankful for McInnis and Holloway funeral homes. Today I attended the opening of the plaque and tree area in Fish Creek park where my Mom will be forever memorialized. Beautiful.
2. I am thankful for mashed potatoes. They are definitely a good comfort food.
3. I am thankful that Mark made it to Europe safe and sound.
4. I am thankful for my husband's obsession with aeroplan points. Can you say cheap flights to Calgary?
5. I am thankful for traveling to a destination with only a two hour time change.
Day 6 - September 17, 2011
1. Today I am thankful that I am going to Calgary for 9 days!
2. I am thankful for seat back television/movies on airplanes.
3. I am thankful for my noise cancelling headphones. Heaven!
4. I am thankful for flights that leave and arrive on time.
5. I am thankful for getting to see my Dad and sister again :)